01 November 2023
Black Friday Shopping Tips
Black Friday is a great time to find bargains on a variety of items, but it's important to be prepared to avoid getting caught out. Here are six tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the Black Friday sales:
1. Do your research. Before you buy anything, make sure to research the product you're interested in and compare prices from different retailers. This will help you ensure that you're getting a good deal and not overpaying.
2. Create a wishlist. This will help you stay focused on the items you actually need and want, and avoid impulse purchases.
3. Make a budget. Decide how much money you're willing to spend and stick to it. This will help you avoid overspending and getting into debt.
4. Check the returns policy. Before you make a purchase, make sure to check the returns policy so that you can return the item if you're not happy with it.
5. Compare prices. Use a price comparison website or check a few websites to see where you can get the best deal on the items you're interested in.
6. Shop online safely. Only shop from reputable websites and be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. See our Fraud Advice page HERE.
Here are some additional tips from your local Credit Union:
- Plan ahead. Make a list of the items you're shopping for and the people you're shopping for, and how much you're planning to spend on each. This will help you stay on track and avoid overspending.
- Don't get caught out by "sale" prices. Some retailers may mark up prices before a sale to make the discount seem larger than it actually is. Be sure to compare prices to the usual retail price to make sure you're getting a good deal.
- Beware of scams. There are unfortunately some scammers who take advantage of the Black Friday shopping frenzy. Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true, and only shop from reputable websites.
If you find yourself struggling to budget for Christmas, talk to us today.
Call us at Freephone 1800 272927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how Synergy Credit Union can help you save money this Christmas by helping you reduce your use of high interest loans such as Credit Cards.